- Acana cat food is based on 5 principles:
- 1. A large selection of fresh meat: based on the natural dietary requirements of cats with a broad range of different animal proteins: poultry, wild-caught fish and natural ranch lamb.
- 2. Rich in meat and proteins: for great health and wellbeing. Tailored to a short intestinal tract and metabolising animal proteins and fats.
- 3. Low carbohydrate content and no grains: cats are carnivores. Carbohydrates increase blood sugar levels and convert into glucose, which can lead to obesity and diabetes.
- 4. Fresh fruit and vegetables: whole, freshly picked fruits and vegetables from the local region that are rich in natural vitamins and minerals.
- 5. Invigorating herbs and plants: plant roots, grasses and flowers that aid the metabolism, the organs and nervous system, as well as filtering out toxins by boosting the liver's natural cleaning process.
Fresh chicken meat (18%), dried chicken (17%), dehydrated turkey meat (9%), fresh turkey meat (6%), chicken fat (5%), chickpeas, lentils, chicken liver (5%), boneless free American Perch (4%), green peas, green lentils, whole egg (3%), herring oil (3%), alfalfa, dried kelp, pumpkin, butternut squash, spinach, carrots, apples, pears, cranberries, chicory root, dandelion, chamomile flowers, peppermint leaves, ginger, cumin seeds, turmeric, rose petals, freeze dried chicken liver, freeze dried turkey liver, freeze dried chicken, freeze-dried turkey meat.