The Mikki Recall Training Lead is ideal for teaching recall and controlling your puppy from a distance. With double crossed box stitching for extra strength and durability.
For best results use in conjunction with a Mikka Clikka to help teach your puppy not to bite and help prevent your puppy from jumping up, chasing animals or stealing things.
- Ensure you have some treats or your dog’s favourite toy with you before you begin the training. Squeaky toys are often good for gaining a dog’s attention and supervised play should be used to reward good behaviour.
- Attach the Recall Training Lead to your dog’s harness or collar and allow him to drift no more than 10ft away from you. When you are ready, call your dog’s name and the command “Come”, in a happy, excited manner to get his attention.
- Reward your dog as soon as he returns to you with a toy or a treat and praise: “Good Dog!”
- Initially practice your recall in the garden or quiet area using the Recall Training Lead. Continue to recall and reward your dog until his response is quick and reliable.
- In a large open area, gradually allow your dog more freedom while continuing to engage him with recall, treats and praise.
- If your dog becomes distracted, hold on to the end and gently reel it in whilst encouraging him to return to you.
- When your dog is very reliable, in safe areas you can allow the lead to trail behind him. If necessary, you can pick up or step on the lead to control his movements.
- Once your dog has an excellent response to your call, you can walk without the Recall Training Lead.
- Don’t limit your recall request to the end of a walk. If you do, dogs will quickly learn that it is the end of their fun off the lead.
Recall regularly during your walks to play, treat and interact with your dog so that returning to you becomes a positive experience.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.