Royal Canin Mini Light dry dog food is designed for small adult dogs with a tendency to gain weight. 30% to 40% of all dogs are overweight. Excess weight can affect your dog's health, leading to diabetes or joint problems and potentially even reducing their life expectancy. It is important to act quickly at the first signs of weight gain to prevent this from causing significant health problems.
Royal Canin Mini Light is rich in protein (30%) to promote muscle development and maintenance. The low fat content (11%) and calorie reduction of 15% compared to a typical maintenance diet also helps to keep your dog at a healthy weight, while added L-carnitine mobilises the body's fat reserves and can stimulate the burning of fat.
Some small dog breeds, such as Miniature Long-Haired Dachshunds, Miniature Shelties, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Cairn Terriers and Miniature Schnauzers, have a genetic predisposition to obesity or a natural tendency to overeat. Royal Canin Mini Light Weight Care has been developed with the specific needs of typically overweight small-breed dogs in mind.
Valuable omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids can have a positive effect on your dog's health. Omega-3 helps to prevent inflammatory diseases and optimises oxygen supply to the brain, while the omega-6 fatty acids contained in borage oil promote healthy skin and a glossy coat. Royal Canin Mini Light dry food also features pentasodium triphosphate, which binds calcium in your dog's saliva and contributes to the prevention of tartar build-up.
Royal Canin Mini Lightat a glance:
- Complete dry food for small-breed (1-10kg) adult dogs from 10 months of age that have a tendency to gain weight
- Contains 15% fewer calories*: helps to reduce or maintain your dog's weight
- High protein content (30%): supports the maintenance of existing muscle mass and promotes muscle development
- Low fat content (11%): promotes the maintenance of an ideal weight
- Satisfies your dog's appetite: selected dietary fibres contribute to a longer-lasting feeling of fullness
- Helps to prevent dental tartar: pentasodium triphosphate binds calcium in your dog's saliva
- With L-carnitine: mobilises the body's fat reserves, reduces fat retention and can support the burning of fat
- With barley: prevents hunger pangs between meals
- With valuable omega-6 fatty acids from borage oil: supports the health of your dog's skin and coat
- With omega-3 fatty acids from fish and soya oil: supports athletic performance, improves oxygen supply to the brain and boasts an anti-inflammatory effect
- With green tea extract: contains polyphenols that help to prevent cell ageing, as well as heart and circulation problems
- Well-accepted: due to the carefully selected nutrients and natural aroma protection
- Also suitable for fussy dogs: special kibble shape, size and structure supports food intake.